- Andra Spallart, born in 1952 in the Rhineland and later married to a collector of modern painting, first became a collector in 1992 when I saw her first photographic works in a friend's gallery. Then I bought my first contemporary photographic works.
- In autumn 1995 the family moved to Vienna and a new focus: contemporary photography from Austria.
- Abramovic, Valie Export, Kandl, Mejchar ... and of course Actionism: Schwarzkogler, Brus, Mühl, Nitsch-Mappenwerke. In addition, video works by various photo artists were added.
- From 2010 to 2013, the private collection was supplemented by the important substructure of classical American and European photographic art, Ansel Adams, Walker Evans, Friedlander, Saul Leiter... Sudek, Renger-Patzsch and others.....
- From 2011 to 2014, the collection was shown publicly in the Foto-Raum Wien. But there were also curated exhibitions of individual artists, as well as thematic group and guest exhibitions, including the diploma students and students of the photography class of the 'Angewandte' in Vienna.
- In 2014, the collection moved to Salzburg, where thematic exhibitions are shown in the depot.
- All further info: www.sammlung-spallart.com
'I dedicate the selection to an artist, curator and friend, Dr Fritz Simak, resident in Vienna, who taught me to see - with a preference for what he saw as having an 'abstract quality'.'
Would you like to be kept up to date with our Guest Curators? Join our Newsletter below.